MTV.com Lwis Drop-Down Menu Theme

Go Back   The POND > General Discussion > The Soap Box
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #21
Bluedot
Floater

I noted some difference driving Tulsa to Claremore this morning. Most were hanging in rt lane like they should. But 2-3 times, someone in right lane would be slow coming away from a light or on an on-ramp, and I'd go left to pass them. But by the time I was even with them, they were going same speed (speed limit) with cars behind them. So now do I (a) stay there, now illegal? (b) slow down to get back in the rt lane behind the pack, but also illegal because then I'm not passing anyone? or (c) speed up to get in front of the car I was originally passing, which means I'd be speeding? It's a no win. I really wonder what they'd expect you to do in that situation. The safest would be to speed up to get around, but I wouldn't bet on getting out of a ticket for that.
Bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:18 PM   #22
TPogue
Floater

Traffic on Turnpike down to Stroud and on I 35 from Davis to Gainesville was light and the OHP presence was heavier than usual. Most I saw hanging in the left lane were out of staters, mostly Texicans that have the opinion that the left lane is for driving and the right lane is for getting on and off the hiway. HaHa

Did see a couple of cars pulled over though. Both in the construction zone on the Turnpike.
TPogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #23
jimmy1931
Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPogue View Post
Does anybody know the reason for this law? my guess is trying to keep down the right hand passing which is not legal either but saw several folks doing just that on the way down here yesterday. Some because the car in front would not pull over and others because they were impatient and didn't give people time to move over after passing a slower vehicle.

Courtesy is getting harder to find on the hiways these days.
Tim, again from interviews that I have seen, trying to cut down on road rage incidents, allowing an open lane for emergency vehicles( evidently an issue here also ) and to allow for an overall smoother flow of traffic.
jimmy1931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:56 AM   #24
TPogue
Floater

I wouldn't worry about all this as I saw 3 different times that groups of cars hanging in the right lane with plenty of room to pull over drove right passed parked patrol cars and didn't get pulled over.

When I got back I read also in an editorial that the OHP has said that s a matter of practice they are not likely going to pull people over if they are not impeding traffic or if a car is broke down on the shoulder.

Jimmy I have heard the road rage excuses also but I think that's just some politician who has looked at statistics and not the facts. Most of the road rage I ever hear about is in the city's not out on the open road and the interview I saw on TV when this got passed the OHP said that they were more concerned with out on the hiways not in town where they know all the lanes will need to be used because of the amount of traffic. Maybe he was just blowing smoke guess we will see with time.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:56 AM   #25
67falcon
Floater

alot it is to try n keep the truckers from blocking the left lane amd also to help keep it clear for emergency vehicles
Old 12-09-2018, 11:34 PM   #26
TPogue
Floater

Finally drove on the new section of the Turner Turnpike between Tulsa and Bristow. 3 north bound lanes and nobody in the right lane. Me and 2 semis all the way. Most in the left lane and a couple in the middle lane. Go figure. LOL
Old 12-10-2018, 07:52 AM   #27
Bluedot
Floater

I've noticed more left lane bandits lately too. They go for miles and miles, even after being repeatedly passed by faster cars in the right lane, totally oblivious. Gotta cut 'em a little slack though - it is pretty hard for them to see when they have their head up their ass.
Bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:08 PM   #28
Fairlane62
Duckling

I live in the boonies, but when I have occasionally gotten on a road with more than two lanes i haven't really seen any different behavior than prior to the law. Haven't heard of anyone getting ticketed either.
Fairlane62 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:17 AM   #29
67falcon
Floater

I drive in the left lane but there again im left handed to lol. I dont slow roll when i drive i got a lead foot esp in the stang