MTV.com Lwis Drop-Down Menu Theme

Go Back   The POND > General Discussion > Tech Tips
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2021, 08:32 PM   #1
Bluedot
I live here!

Default AN hose fittings

Duck and I (mostly Duck) have been struggling with installing AN hose fittings on nylon braided hose. Clean cut, tried with taped ends and without, little bit of oil and without. One out of 6 or 8 fittings went on easy. Most took a half hour or more. Duck's hands are sore from pushing and twisting, and the braided hose isn't even the stainless type that bites (it's nylon).
Gonna Google a better technique, but if any Floaters have some advice, it'd sure be welcome. Pls post.
Bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 12:18 AM   #2
Wrenchbender
Floater

If this is push loc hose there is a tool to install it I know what kinda pain it is the last few hoses i have made I went to the screw on style fittings instead of push loc I have a friend who bought a tool and it makes it pretty easy
Wrenchbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 06:45 AM   #3
Bluedot
I live here!

Not push lock. Screw on 2 piece type. I did review some videos, and some guys used the Koul Tools, which made it easier. Others did it easily with simple hand tools, some without even using a vise. I cannot figure out why we're having so much trouble.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:04 AM   #4
Wrenchbender
Floater

On the screw on style fittings I usually taper the end of the hose with a grinder then screw the sleeve on the hose lube up the fitting then itís a bit of a bear to get it started but itís not terrible to screw the fitting together also make sure you donít screw the sleeve on to far as it will bind it up and then itís next to impossible to assemble
Old 03-30-2021, 03:27 PM   #5
Bluedot
I live here!

How do you taper the end of a braided hose? Seems like it would unravel the braid..
Old 03-30-2021, 09:16 PM   #6
Wrenchbender
Floater

First when I cut it I tape it with electrical tape and cut it with a cutoff wheel and then use the grinder to kinda taper it the last hoses I installed on my car was black hose not that stainless braided stuff I bought it from speedway and it will withstand high pressures