MTV.com Lwis Drop-Down Menu Theme

Go Back   The POND > General Discussion > Member's Rides
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2019, 06:22 AM   #11
gasserman
Hoser

Well alot has happen since I`ve last been on here with an update. Well first off NO Body makes any headers that will work with a 351C in a 63 Fairlane. So change of plans out with the A-Arm suspension in with the 4 inch dropped axle and dual leafs. Now anything will fit in this engine bay with room too spare. Already had headers that fit along with everything else I want to put in the car. Now I`m just waiting on my axle to show up. In my extra time I`ve been helping my friend around the corner from me with his 65 Ford short bed pickup . It hasn`t run in several years,so we are trying to get it going again. And I did get a buddy`s from work 64 El Camino back up and running. Next on it is to fix the torched suspension to lower it. Two coil torch themself,so you know how that rides. Plus all the bushings are oem`s. But other than that I`ve just been enjoying RETIREMENT.
gasserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #12
Fairlane62
Duckling

Default Well

Are you ordering a tube axle or ibeam?
Fairlane62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:04 PM   #13
gasserman
Hoser

Tube ,ordered one from WAC Customs in Conn. He has built me several all very nice and very well made.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #14
Fairlane62
Duckling

Default Well

Should be plenty of clearance. I did tube axle on my 54 and it freed up a lot of room. The Crites headers are a pain in my 62 with the A arm suspension.
Old 08-14-2019, 09:04 AM   #15
gasserman
Hoser

I used a set of headers for a 79 F150 with a 400 1 3/4" tube with almost a 4 BBL flange .They fit close to the block and 3"collector. I`ve used several sets on different cars. The big plus on this set I bought on Ebay scratch and dent sale for $45 & free shipping. With the shock towers all gone I could put anything in it now.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:56 AM   #16
Fairlane62
Duckling

Default Yep

I modified some shonefield dirt track headers for My 54. My heads have the old J302 diagonal bolt pattern so I had to adapt flanges to a set of regular Windsor headers. It ain't pretty but it works.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:17 PM   #17
Fairlane62
Duckling

Default Well

Did you get the tube axle under the Fairlane?
Old 09-23-2019, 05:10 AM   #18
gasserman
Hoser

Yes, I just did this last week . Now I`m starting to weld in all the mounts since it all fits . Also got the steering all figured out. I cross steered it with a Borgerson 525 box. They said the vega style didn`t have enough weight capacity .Now just have to box in all the little places in the frame and close in the inner fenders where the shock towers were. Still have to replace the drivers side floor pan and finish my mods of the firewall. I haven`t worked on it much lately ,my knees have been giving me some real kind of pains. Went to the doctor to make sure that I hadn`t done something to them . He just told me to quit acting like I`m 20 and to slow down. I guess it has helped a little they don`t hurt quite as bad as they did before. I`ll try and get some pictures took this week and get them posted.
Old 09-24-2019, 03:58 PM   #19
Fairlane62
Duckling

Default Well

I started using one of the roll around stools when working on the car so I dont have to try getting up from a crouch and that seems to help with the knees and back some. I left 20 in the dust 48 years ago, i'd be happy with acting like I'm 50.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:31 PM   #20
Bluedot
Floater

You guys see the recent Clint Eastwood movie, The Mule? Don't let the old man in!!!
Bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote