MTV.com Lwis Drop-Down Menu Theme

Go Back   The POND > General Discussion > Member's Rides
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2020, 01:21 AM   #91
Wrenchbender
Floater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPogue View Post
I saw the pics of the motor. Looking good.
I will agree the stick might be more fun but I do believe most of those AFX cars were automatics
Yes there were a lot of auto but I canít find a 65 push button 727 and i would have less money in the trans I have than a well built auto in mopar world a good converter will cost more than the dual disc clutch I have so itís not all about being fun but with my luck on automatics Iíll keep the stick lol. The engine looks pretty in the pics but itís sure giving me fits getting the valve train to fit correctly I do think I have it whipped now though I think Iíve had the heads on and off about 20 times getting the pushrods to clear the big raised ports in the heads lol also the car is getting lettered up on Friday
Wrenchbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #92
Wrenchbender
Floater

Itís official I have been to the track with the poison iveys dodge although it was in union grove Wisconsin at Great Lakes Dragaway I made a drive around the block loaded it on the trailer then drove 12 hrs to make the first pass on it lol. Anyhow the first time at the line i put it in 2nd gear and made a half track burnout from what Iíve been told it was fantastic lol I backed up staged and then let the clutch out and boom it moved about 6Ē then was pushed off the line so we towed it back to the pits and discovered that the rear end blew up in grand fashion nothing came out of the housing but it was destroyed so I went to the swap meet found a complete center section however it was an open diff and I could set a land speed record with the 2.76 ratio but it didnít matter as first gear in the trans is a 3.08 so in reality it wasnít gonna be bad so after cleaning out all the debris and reassembling the rear axle we towed it to the line got it started up and headed for the line taking it easy I give a good one wheel peel burnout staged into and with a soft launch it pulled real hard through first and into second then the throttle cable broke and the engine went to an idle i coasted across the line at a 14.81 @ 59 mph once I got outta the car I discovered that the cable didnít break it had just come loose in the mopar clamping bracket so I adjusted it and tightened it properly topped off the fuel and went back to the line this time I launched it and pulled a 1.58 60 ft time even with a 2.76 gear lol but when I hit second gear the driveline came flying out of it again coasting across the line 14.72 @ 42 mph so it will be a rocket when I get it lined out after getting home and inspecting the driveshaft issue I determined that the driveline was actually cut into by the driveline safety loop as the suspension now works unlike last year lol. So now itís building a new rear end and a new driveline then relocating the safety loop and it will be back on track Anyway here are a few pics of the car from before I left. And some from the track stay tuned more to come
Old 07-04-2020, 06:33 AM   #93
Bluedot
I live here!

They say if you're not breakin' parts, you're not driving hard enough, haha. Given that it only took you about 30 seconds total to break three times, I'd say you were driving hard enough. And looked good doing it. I'm betting you've got it running well by HAMB.
Bluedot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:03 AM   #94
Fairlane62
Duckling

Wink Well

On the bright side, your last two times were were pretty consistent.
Fairlane62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 09:25 PM   #95
TPogue
Floater

Maybe it is telling you to put the Torquflite back in. HaHa
TPogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #96
Wrenchbender
Floater

Well you guys are all correct lol Iíve gotten some parts gathered up just need to have time to get them installed now and make it to a tnt still probly a couple weeks out and Tim I am not putting the 727 back in it now lol unless you have a built push button 65 model trans you are planning on donating to my cause lol
Old 07-06-2020, 08:54 PM   #97
Crab
I live here!

Jackson will have more time since I just saw HAMB Drags this year have been cancelled.

CRAB
Old 07-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #98
Wrenchbender
Floater

There is still gonna be some vintage drags that day at mokan Iíll let you know more once I get better details
Old 07-08-2020, 06:18 PM   #99
Crab
I live here!

I heard HAMB drags were a bust, but Carl will have a similar program, and that is cool with me. When I was there for the Spring Hot Rod Reunion, I had fun and didn't feel like there were people crowding together and not giving each other space.

CRAB
Old 08-04-2020, 12:19 AM   #100
Wrenchbender
Floater

Yes crab since we can’t have H.A.M.B. drags Carl is having the spam drags lol. It’s still on aug 22 same day the H.A.M.B. drags was supposed to be. I’m hoping to be able to take the poison iveys dodge to mokan Friday evening for test and tune to make some full passes I have been working on it and making some improvements I’m close to getting it all done stay tuned for more info

Last edited by Wrenchbender : 08-04-2020 at 12:21 AM.